Q: What is the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?

A: Medicare is a federal program that provides health coverage if you are 65+ or under 65 and have a disability, no matter your income. Medicaid is a state and federal program that provides health coverage if you have a very low income. ... In certain cases, the programs will work together to provide you with health coverage and lower your costs.

Q: Who does OHA serve?

A: Our consumers are all Rhode Islander’s 55 + and all adults with disabilities.

Q: How do I apply for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)?

A: You can apply for SNAP through the Department of Human Services website.

Q: How do I get an ID?

A: Maybe you need a Voter ID, or maybe you need a State ID (or license). More information can be found here: RIDMV

Q: How do I report suspected elder abuse or self-neglect?

A: We can help, contact our Elder Protective Services unit at 401.462.0555.

Think we are missing a few? Reach out to us and let us know!